Township ZBA Meeting 9-26-2022

Open Agendas

OPEN MEETING / ROLL CALL 00:00:00


ZBA BUSINESS 00:00:24

A. AB-2022-36, Mat Dunaskiss and Pete & Nancy Smilanic, vacant parcel 2 parcels south of 576 Cushing St., 09-03-278-027 (postponed from 8/22/2022 meeting) The petitioner is seeking 8 variances from Zoning Ordinance #78 Article VI, Section 6.04, Zoned R-3 1. A 10.25-ft front yard setback variance from the required 30-ft., to build a house with a deck 19.75-ft. from the front property line (lakeside). 2. A 17-ft. rear yard setback variance, from the required 35-ft., to build a house 18-ft. from the rear property line (Cushing St.). 3. A 1-ft. side yard setback variance from the required 8-ft. to build a house 7-ft. from the side property line (north) 4. A 1-ft. side yard setback variance from the required 8-ft. to build a house 7-ft. from the side property line (south). 5. Revised - A 10.18-ft. 1.63-ft. height variance from the required 30-ft. to build a house 40.18-ft. 31.63-ft. high. 6. 14.85% lot coverage variance from the required 25% for a total lot coverage of 39.85%. Article XXVII, Section 27.02(A)(4) 7. 8-ft. side yard setback variances for retaining walls to be 0-ft. from the property lines, north & south. Article XXVII, Section 27.17(B) 8. A 5.25-ft. wetland setback variance, from the required 25-ft., to build a house with a deck 19.75-ft. from a wetland (lake). B. AB-2022-37, Northern Sign Company for Allstate, 3048 W. Clarkston Rd., 09-08-376- 017 The petitioner is seeking 1 variance from sign ordinance #153 – Section 7 Non-Residential wall signs 1. A variance for 1 wall sign over the allowed 1 wall sign for a total of 2 wall signs totaling 19.13-sq. ft. C. AB-2022-38, Kathleen Jacob & Richard Morrow, 454 Shorewood Ct., 09-03-405-007 The petitioner is seeking 3 variances from Zoning Ordinance #78 – Zoned R-3 Article VI, Section 6.04 1. An 8.42-ft. side yard setback variance from the required 10-ft. for a second story addition to be 1.58-ft. from the property line (northeast). 2. An 8.42-ft. side yard setback variance from the required 10-ft. for a deck addition to be 1.58-ft. from the property line (northeast). 3. A 2.17-ft. side yard setback variance from the required 10-ft. for a porch to be 7.83-ft. from the property line (northwest). D. AB-2022-39, Michael Adams, 2901 Judah Rd., 09-32-400-007 The petitioner is seeking 2 variances from Zoning Ordinance #78 – Zoned R-1 Article XXVII, Section 27.02(A)(4) & Article XXVII, Section 27.05(H)(2) 1. A 10-ft. side yard setback variance from the required 10-ft., for a 6-ft. privacy fence to be 0-ft. from the property line to the west. 2. A 10-ft. side yard setback variance from the required 10-ft., for a 6-ft. privacy fence to be 0-ft. from the property line to the east. E. AB-2022-40, Courtney Markoff, 805 Merritt, 09-11-351-004 The petitioner is seeking 1 variance from Zoning Ordinance #78 – Zoned R-2 Article XXVII, Section 27.01(C)(1)(b) 1. A 2.92-ft. side yard setback variance from the required 8-ft., for a house addition with an attached garage to be 5.08-ft. from the property line to the north.


PUBLIC COMMENTS / COMMUNICATIONS 01:22:53


COMMITTEE REPORTS / MEMBER COMMENTS / ADJOURNMENT 01:26:07